We hope to organise at least one family friendly walk each year but currently our walks are for adults only. No dogs, please.
If you have a walk that you know and enjoy and would be happy to share it, please get in touch. We would love to support you in leading a walk.
Over the first 12 months we hope to accommodate all members who are interested and develop the group through your feedback.
With this in mind, the first 3 months have been set with different start times/days at the weekend:
- Saturday 7th September, 13:00: Five mile circular walk (2.5 hours) from Woolsthorpe by Belvoir. Refreshments at The Chequers Pub. Meet Hayley on Main Street in Woolsthorpe-by-Belvoir (NG32 1 LU).
- Sunday 6th October, 09:30: Four mile circular ramble at Shipley Park. Refreshments at The Nutbrook Cafe. We will meet Trish at Shipley Park Visitors’ Centre (DE75 7GX).
- Saturday 9th November, 09:30: Six mile circular hike (6.3 miles; 3.5 hours) from Lambley. Refreshments at Floralands Garden Centre. We will meet Hayley in the car park behind the primary school and village hall on Catfoot Lane (NG4 4PN).
- Sunday 1st December, TBC: Circular walk around Clumber Park. Refreshments at National Trust Cafe. We will meet Kat at Clumber Park (TBC)
- Saturday 4th January, 14:00: Four mile circular ramble (1.5 hours) from Southwell. Refreshments at Final Whistle Pub. We will meet Hayley at Southwell Trail Carpark, Station Road, Southwell (NG25 0ET).
Details will be confirmed each month in our newsletter, Facebook posts, and emails for those who have requested them.
Our walks are split into four levels of difficulty:
|Amble||Up to an hour at a slow pace. Easy going.|
|Ramble||1-2 hours at a moderate pace. Easy going, some uneven terrain.|
|Walk||2-3 hours at a moderate pace and/or challenging terrain.|
|Hike||3 hours or more at a moderate pace. A challenging distance and/or difficult terrain.|
Please let us know if you are coming by emailing us or commenting on Facebook so we can reserve a big enough table at the cafes and pubs we’ll stop off at.