At the moment our walks are for Hive members and their “plus ones” only.
We hope to organise at least one family friendly walk each year but currently our walks are for adults only. No dogs, please.
If you have a walk that you know and enjoy and would be happy to share it, please get in touch. We would love to support you in leading a walk.
Over the first 12 months we hope to accommodate all members who are interested and develop the group through your feedback.
With this in mind, the first 3 months have been set with different start times/days at the weekend:
- Sunday 2nd June, 9.30am: A round ramble at Strelley ending at the Mulberry Tree Cafe. One and half hours.
- Monday 17th June, 7pm: A round amble/ramble at Wollaton Park ending at the Wheelhouse. One to one and a half hours.
- Saturday 6th July, 2pm: Hike around Ockbrook which includes stopping off at the Cowshed two thirds of the way round. Two and a half hours.
- Monday 15th July, 7pm: A round amble/ramble at Bramcote to the White Lion. One to one and a half hours.
- Sunday 4th August, 1.30pm: A straight ramble from Beeston to Town via the canal. One and a half hours.
- Monday 19th August, 7pm: A round amble at the Embankment ending at the Ferry Inn in Wilford. One hour.
Details will be confirmed each month in our newsletter, Facebook posts, and emails for those who have requested them.
Our walks are split into four levels of difficulty:
|Amble||Up to an hour – slow pace, easy going|
|Ramble||1-1.5 Hour – slow/moderate pace, easy going/some uneven terrain|
|Walk||1-2 Hours – Moderate pace, challenging terrain|
|Hike||2-3 Hours or more – Moderate Pace, challenging distance or difficult terrain|
Please let us know if you are coming by emailing us or commenting on Facebook so we can reserve a big enough table at the cafes and pubs we’ll stop off at.