The Hive WI is a modern branch of the Women’s Institute based in Beeston, Nottingham (NG9).
Joining the WI is a fantastic way for women to meet each other, make friends, and make a community.
Since Covid-19, we have remained as active as possible by moving our main meetings and subgroups to Zoom, staying social through various Messenger groups, and – when Government advice allows it – walking together in the countryside and around town.
Before Covid-19, we met in the heart of Beeston in the church hall on Foster Avenue (opposite the library and car park).
We are proud to have members who represent all ages and life stages. New members and guests are enthusiastically encouraged to come along to join our thriving Hive community.
We’re community-orientated and a proud member of the Nottinghamshire Federation of WIs.
Check out our main events for 2021!
Our main meetings are once a month on the second Wednesday between 19:30 and 21:30.
- January 13: Kitchen Ceilidh
- February 10: Zero Waste Heroes
- March 10: Annual Meeting
- April 14: Supporting the Serenity Garden
- May 12: Resolutions
- June 9: House Plants and Health
- July 14: Zumba
- August 11: Handmade Preserves
- September 8: Autumn Foraging
- October 13: National Trust Gems
- November 10: The Alexander Technique
- December 8: TBC
- CAKE Chat (our activist group): Every first Thursday, 19:00
- Publess Quiz: Every third Thursday, 20:15
- Crafternoon: Every third Saturday, 14:00-16:00
- Book Club: Every last Thursday, 18:45
- Walk ‘n’ Talk: When guidelines allow